Interesting facts about Resumes:
- The average time spent by recruitement managers for analyzing a resume is: 5 to 7 seconds.
- Unprofessional email addresses are the reason for rejection of 76% of resumes.
- When you put a photo on a resume the chances of getting discarded are up to 88%.
- During the year 2014, over 90% of resumes are made available on online or sent via email.
- It is worthy to note that only 35% of the candidates are eligible for the jobs they apply to.
- Applicant Tracking Software, the automation software for reading resumes, can eliminate over 75% of the applicants.
Interesting facts about Job-seeking:
- Jobseekers are posting over half-a-million resumes resumes on Monster every week.
- There are now over 15 million brands and organizations available on Facebook. And it is interesting to note that over 18 million people found their job via Facebook.
- Over 10 million jobseekers found their job via LinkedIn. And 89% of recruiters have recruited someone via LinkedIn.
- Over 8 million applicants found their job via Twitter.
- Recruiters are very keen ot search for your public profile. And 93% of the recruiters say that they are likely to look at a candidate’s social media behavior.
- Around 43% of the candidates are using their smartphones to engage in a job searching activities with a 7% of all job seeking candidates conducting the job search while even in the restroom.
Interesting facts about Interviews:
The average length of an interview will be around 40 minutes, but 33% of 2000 surveyed recuriters mentioned that they know within the very first 90 seconds of the interview if they will recruit the candidate.
Read this section to know how can make a decision in such a short span? In the same survey, managers noted the following mistakes as some of the major reasons for the rejection fo the job seeking candidate.
- 70% indicated applicants were too trendy while attending an interview.
- 67% mentioned that the candidates were unable to make the eye contact.
- 55% because the way the jobseeker walked through the door.
- 47% of the times candidate didn’t have any information about the compnay they are applying for.
- 38% was because of the of voice quality and overall confidence level; and a lack of a smile.
- 33% because of the bad posture during the interview.
- 26% gets rejected because of the bad handshake.
- And, interestingly, 21% candidates get rejected for crossing their arms against their chest during the interview.